LET'S GET STARTED
Before First Use
- Bring your block inside as soon as possible.
- Unbox and remove any debris.
- Hand wash your block with dish soap and running water. Do not submerge or soak. Towel dry thoroughly.
- Apply Grizzly Grade Board Butter (or your other favorite food-safe wood conditioner) to the block. Allow to soak in. Wipe off excess.
- Use a towel or microfiber cloth to apply a small amount of board butter to your block, making sure to coat all surfaces thoroughly.
- Allow the board butter to soak in and dry.
- Use a dry towel or microfiber cloth to wipe off any excess.
- Our Grizzly Grade Board Butter is food-safe and made-in-house with mineral oil, beeswax, and carnauba wax. Just a little goes a long way!
When you first receive your block is the most important time to condition it really well with your board butter. For the first two months, we recommend applying board butter about once per week. Going forward, condition your block with board butter at least once per month, or any time that the block starts to look dry.
CLEANING & STORAGE
- After use, scrub your block with a soapy sponge under warm running water.
- Wipe down with a clean, dry towel and set it on it's side to continue air drying.
- Do not soak or submerge in water. Do not wash or dry in dishwasher.
- Sprinkle baking soda onto the stain.
- Cut a lemon in half and add salt onto the lemon.
- Scrub the lemon into the baking soda-covered stain.
- Follow up with a regular wash, dry, and butter.
As with all real woods, your block will react to humidity and temperature changes. Conditioning with board butter can help act as a barrier to the different elements it experiences. Your block should be stored in a climate-controlled, humidity-stable area, preferably on it's side as to allow for equal absorption and release of moisture.
- Never soak or submerge your block in water.
- Never use a dishwasher to wash or dry your block.
- Never put a hot pot or pan on top of your block.
- Never store near a heat source or leave under a heat lamp.
- Never leave your block outside or anywhere that is not climate-controlled and protected from the elements.